Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD March 9 and 10    

WOD March 9 and 10

maryse pey�
France

WOD March 9 and 10

My imagination greatly and warmly thanks you dear Jayho ! Daffy is definitely becoming my mascot !!!!

Here the enigmatic word to torture in the funniest possible ways ! Ready ? Remember no dictionaries, no help and I just want to specify that I found this word years ago in only 1 encyclopedia !!!

This mysterious word is : ISOPSEPHIA.

Make me laugh !!!

9 Mar 2011      

Jayho
Australia

Well Maryse, ISO is an acronym for International Standards Organisation and Sephia is a model belonging to the Korean range of Kia cars.  And what is P? Well P is for priceless.  So, ISOPSEPHIA means ... the International Standards Organisation �s priceless Kia cars

9 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

ISOPSEPHIA: ISOP = Q-TIP / SEPHIA = SOPHIA as in Queen Sophia (just a little mistake in your spelling, dear Maryse!)

Isopsephia = the sudden URGE Queen Sophia had to scratch her ear during an elegant dinner, so she ordered her butler to bring her the royal "isop"..... LOL

9 Mar 2011