Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > S.O.S. Can you help me with a motivational phrase please!!!! Urgent!!!    

S.O.S. Can you help me with a motivational phrase please!!!! Urgent!!!

Mar0919
Mexico

S.O.S. Can you help me with a motivational phrase please!!!! Urgent!!!

Hi, everybody!!! As some of you know from my previous posts, I am preparing for a workshop I will be giving to secondary teachers of my district.  Well, I thought I �d give each teacher a  name tag, as most teachers do not know each other, on these tags, they will write their name, and I wrote a small welcoming phrase: "Good teachers TEACH, great teachers INSPIRE"....

I �d also like to give each teacher a lollipop, chocolate bar, a little welcoming gift, but I �d like to add a little motivational note in each little gift, and have each teacher read their motivational note out loud, when they introduce themselves to the group.

I �ve googled looking for motivational phrases, but haven �t come up with good, short ones... can you help with some suggestions? The workshop is tomorrow, so I �m in kind of a hurry,  I need to print and cut the phrases and prepare the candy so I don �t have that much time to spend googling.

Thanks in advance to those who are so generous to send me phrases!!!

These are the ones I have so far:

1.- If a child can �t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they LEARN.

2.- Students may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them FEEL.

I need 25 phrases!!! Help!!!

11 Mar 2011      

christybridgeman
Japan

Hello!

I found this website for you.  I liked the motivational phrases.  They �re more universal motivational phrases than tied directly to teaching.  But, since they �re universal, they apply to teaching too!

If for some reason your country blocks this website, let me know and I will cut and paste some of the quotes I like on to here! =)

11 Mar 2011     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hi Mar,

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

I �ve just sent you a PM.

Hugs

11 Mar 2011     

kiaras
Mexico

Hi, dear Mar:  What about " Real teachers trascend in childrens�lives" ,  " Good teachers perceive the beauty there is in every child "  I hope it helps!!  Hugs!

11 Mar 2011     

karina7777
Denmark

Take a deep breath - it �s going to be great! Thumbs Up    I love your idea about giving welcoming gifts with motivational phrases.

OK, I went googling ; )

Hope you can use some of them - enjoy your workshop!

: ) Karina

11 Mar 2011     

karina7777
Denmark

A few more - I love the first one by Khalil Gibran. And the last one, too...

11 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Christy, Anaisabel, Kiara, Karina Hug you guys are absolutely WONDERFUL!! Great website, Christy!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Mar

Hug

11 Mar 2011     

euflorinas
Greece

children are born with wings, teachers help them to fly

11 Mar 2011     

Natashenka
Ukraine

1.        The true aim of everyone who aspires to be a teacher should be, not to impart his own opinions, but to kindle minds.

2.        The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.

3.        The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.

4.        A master can tell you what he thinks of you. A teacher, though awakens your own expectations.

5.        The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.

6.        Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.

7.        Education is not to reform students or amuse them or to make them expert technicians. It is to unsettle their minds, widen their horizons, inflame their intellects, teach them to think straight, if possible.

11 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Euflorinas, beautiful phrase, thank you!
Natashenka....thank you!!!!

Hugs!

11 Mar 2011     

karina7777
Denmark

I think you �ve goy your 25 phrases soon, right? But then again, I �m no math teacher...

The best teachers are the best storytellers. We learn in the form of stories

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming

A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron

Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers

Every truth has four corners: as a teacher I give you one corner, and it is for you to find the other three

A very wise old teacher once said: "I consider a day �s teaching wasted if we do not all have one hearty laugh." He meant that when people laugh together, they cease to be young and old, master and pupils, jailer and prisoners. They become a single group of human beings enjoying its existence

It is not what is poured into a student that counts but what is planted

Your role as a leader is even more important than you might imagine. You have the power to help people become winners

11 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >