Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I wonder........ (a question for Victor)    

I wonder........ (a question for Victor)

Mar0919
Mexico

I wonder........ (a question for Victor)

Hello, all. Well, this question is for Victor really. I �ve read in the past that the topic has been mentioned about changes in ESLP, e.g. to put another section, for whatever reason, to add a button, etc.

I wonder if this would be possible. This idea popped into my mind after trying to contact all my friends from Japan, to see if they �re ok. I wonder if it would be possible, that there could be a link that would give us the list of members from each country. There is an official number of how many members are in this community, but it would be nice for example to know how many members we have from each country, and click on the link of the country and see all them members from that country.

Why did this come into my mind? because, with this Japan tragedy, it would be nice to know which members are from Japan and send our condolescens and our prayers. We contact those we have communication with, but how about those who are not usual visitors of the forum or the caf�? it would be nice to make them feel we �re here for them also.

I know you can click on the flag under a member �s name and see the country, but it �s merely impossible to look up all the members and see their flags.

I don �t know, just a thought. Maybe I �m not making much sense, this flu is killing me, but just thought I �d throw this idea and see what opinions are out there!

13 Mar 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

You can serch the members by country - choose the coutry and click search
The list of members is according to their points or you may sort the members according to the date (the newest members first)

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/searchauthors.asp?username=&country=Japan&B2=Search#thetop

13 Mar 2011     

Marta_
Portugal

Hello Mar,

How are you doing?

I was just opening the site and I couldn �t stop noticing your post! There was a sentence  that caught my attention   " how about those who are not usual visitors of the forum or the caf�?". What Caf� are you referring to? Is it another online forum?

Cheers and thanks!
 Marta_

13 Mar 2011     

roneydirt
United States

Mar that would be an interesting thing but I think it might be too difficult.  There are also people on here with their native country flag but are located in another country.

then again we could set it up where we have to keep it updated with also a list of students for family and friends to check in drastic times.  It would be a difficult thing but could give a location for those in need to check when tragedy happens.  Also an area of placing immediate needs.  Maybe through a secondary site that can set up security codes so that only those in the group can see the student list but others can still see the teacher and their needs like on epal.  Kind of like teachers without borders.  No matter our politics, beliefs or country we are there to help each other.

@Moravc  thanks... that is a big list.  I wonder how many or active and non-active members.

@Marta toward the top of the page is a link to the eslprintables cafe for other discussions.

13 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you, Moravc and Roney, yes, I know it �s kind of difficult, just thought I �d ask! LOL!!!

Marta, as Roney said, on the main page there is a section called

here you can share pictures, and talk about other topics, and have fun! We also have fun at the forum, but the caf� is more informal. Take a look!!!

Thanks again for responding!!

Hugs!

Mar

13 Mar 2011     

Marta_
Portugal

Thank you all, I will sure take a look!! :))

Cheers!

13 Mar 2011