Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Worksheet backgrounds)    

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Worksheet backgrounds)

libertybelle
United States

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Worksheet backgrounds)

I just finished a story  and can�t see the background in Word!!!

I went to "background" in the drop-down menu,
chose effects/pictures -
choose a picture from my computer
Then put in a textbox  for the text
added a little border
but when I uploaded it here -
and all I could see is the text and borders but no background!!

Do I have to merge it all to make it "stick"? (like in Paint shop Pro?)
What am I doing wrong?
Hellllllllllllllllllllllp  needed!!Wacko

Libertybelle

12 Dec 2008      

eng789
Israel

It may be the same problem others were having with things moving when they uploaded,  so this might help.    
Try going to SELECT (WITH A SMALL ARROW) click SELECT OBJECTS and with your pointer draw a square around the items you want to hold in place. Then place the pointer in the middle and right click your mouse  and you will see the word GROUPING click on group and  it should hold all the pieces in place.   You can then move the items around your page as a unit.  If you want to change something, just put your pointer on the unit and right click your mouse- go back to GROUPING � click it and click UNGROUP and the items will separate again.

I hope this makes sense.

12 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Thanks Eng 
but it�s my background, the picture underneath everything else, that disappears.
I can�t even see it when I look in the print out window.
I can only see it on the document I�m working with.

Sorry to be so confusing.

12 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Calling off the Calvary!

French Frog says she can see the background when she downloaded my Christmas Kitty story.
Why in the heck can�t I see it in my own print preview or the preview here on this site is beyond me!
It�s like hoping for the best and fearing the worst at the same time!

thanks for all your help Eng and French Frog!!
Hope it works now.

Hugs
L

12 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

A few thoughts,

I think the Preview on this site is the "print Preview"

In word select "tools" from the menu options; and click options:

On the "Print" tab�

Make sure the "Colours and Background images" s checked. �In my word that box was already checked, but unchecking it reproduced your error. �I�ll try a couple of uploads later to see if it makes a difference. �I really want to nail this one, I thought I had it before, but I only got part of the problem, hopefully this is the last part of the puzzle and I can add a FAQ about it with all the pieces. �I�ll keep you posted.

15 Dec 2008