Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > teaching material for a conversation group    

teaching material for a conversation group

Yams
Argentina

teaching material for a conversation group

hello everybody!!!!
I �m going to be in charge of a conversartion group next month, and I really need your help.
The gruop is formed by adults in an upper-intermediate level.
Do you know any book that i can use as a guide? I have these two books: Speaking of Values 2 by Longman and Real Listening and Speaking by Cambridge. But I would like to have other books as reference.
Apart from the books, I want to ask you if you know a good web page where I can find extra material and/or activities.
If you have worked with these types of groups, would you mind telling me some important aspects to have in mind at the moment of preparing clases?

As always, thank you sooo much for your help, this is very important for me...
Heart
Yams

18 Mar 2011      

kiaras
Mexico

Hi, Yams, what I would suggest is that you google different topics, and print the articles to give out to your students. First, warm-up the topic asking students some questions related to the topic, leading them to introduce new vocab. they might not know. Write in on the bd. and then proceed to read the article in silence. Ask ss. a few general questions. Tell ss. to read it once again and ask them more specific questions based on the article, and finally, you can have a discussion on it, having ss. give their opinions.  I hope it helps!

18 Mar 2011