Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > FAQ: WHY do my images look funny    

FAQ: WHY do my images look funny

wolfy
Chile

FAQ: WHY do my images look funny

FAQ: Why do my images look wierd in the preview and appear in a different position to where I created them?

I thought this error is caused by the differnt views in Word, but maybe not. �Hold on.

FAQ: Why do my images look wierd in the preview and appear in a different position to where I created them?

This error is caused by the differnt views in Word. �

Before creating a worksheet, make sure the "view" menu option is set to "Print"

�

Open Word. �Before you do anything...

Press "ALT" "Right Arrow" and again "Right Arrow" then "Down Arrow".

That should open the "View" menu option.

Select "Print" and set the zoom to "100%"

12 Dec 2008      

Damielle
Argentina

Sorry to tell you that it is not "the" solution. I always do that but I had a lot of problems with the preview of one of the last uploaded.

12 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

It�s not? �OK Thanks I�ll investigate some more...

Back.

Are you sure?

I just checked it with these parameters:

Added an images, double clicked it and on the "design" tab selected the "Horizontal Alignment" to be "Other"

When I selected "View" "Normal" it disappeard.
When I selected "View" "Web Design" I lost half of it
When I selected "View" "Print" everything was OK

I think that�s the error some people are getting. �They design their worksheet in "Web design" put the preview is "print", or some varaition of that i.e. the reverse.

Damielle, If you�re talking about the ballons, when I changed the view to normal I lost the text, web looked OK and print fine. �I�ll uploads some pics, and check. �Hopefully I�ll be able to delete them before I get any commetns on them :)

12 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

The preview we see on the site is the Print view.

But when you open them you get them as they were originally saved.

The one saved as Normal:
The preview was nothing like I saved it.
The download opened as "Normal" so it was like I �(the author) had saved but nothing like the preview.

The one saved as "Web"
The preview was similar but not exactly like I saved it.
The download opened as "Web" so it was like I �(the author) had saved but not exactly like the preview.

The one saved as "print"
The preview was fine exactly like I had saved it
The download opened as "Print" so it was like I �(the author) had saved and exactly like the preview.

Now all I need to do is work out how to delete the worksheets. I tried immeadiatly but got an error. �I saw a post about deleting ws yesterday I think, hopefully someone answered it. �Wow small world. �You did.
It�ll take a few minutes to do that, but thanks damielle.

I�ve been messing about with the images and text and found another way to reproduce the symptons people are talking about:

The preview on this site is "Print" at 100%
If you open a worksheet, or create a worksheet with the zoom at "width of text", it shifts the images and even occasionally looses them when viewed at 100%. �That�s all I can think of. �If anybody comes up with something else, please let me know.

12 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

yep it�s me, funny I thought my realname appeared under the flag, but alas, only on my profile, I felt like a change. �You might want to reread your comment, It sounds like "your daughter is not cute" but it�s OK I understand it, no offence taken, just goes to show you doesn�t it. �We have to be soo careful.

13 Dec 2008