Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teacher    

Teacher

joy2bill
Australia

Because I teach adults they are supposed to call me by my given name, Joy, even though I am almost three times older than they are. When I taught primary school it was always , Mrs White.To help them adjust to the Aussie/ Kiwi custom I often call them �student � when they call me �teacher � which causes laughter in the others. I prefer them to use my name so that they might remember me in the future.

24 Mar 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

In our school students call the teachers by first name, in my case Marion. Sometimes they will call me �mom � by mistake which feels like a compliment but a while ago a student called me �grandma � (In Hebrew of course) by mistake and that did make me feel a little..., well...., old:)

(turned out this kid spends a lot of time with his grandma and she is usually the one to help him with homework...)

24 Mar 2011     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

In Spain the kids call you �teacher � but I always say my name �s not teacher and they correct themselves.  It sounds so impersonal doesnt it?

24 Mar 2011     

bluepeach
Portugal

Thanks to everyone by sharing your opinions. In Portugal students normally call "Professor" that means "teacher" to everyone, so I believe that �s the reason why they call me that, they associate the Portuguese term to the English one. So, I think it �s better to let them call me what they want: teacher or Mrs.Val. However, I personally prefer them to call me Mrs. Val to remember me in the future.

25 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2