Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Adults    

Adults

OLGA11
Belarus

Adults

Dear teachers! I work with adults 25-35 y.o �Elementary level there are only 3 people in the group.

the topic � A day in the life" �( MY working day )

I want to practice their� phonetics. Do u know some ex or tongue twisters or statements� connected with this topic. I want something modern and interesting,�

Olga

27 Mar 2011      

yanogator
United States

Hi, Olga. Did you mis-type something in your topic? I don �t understand "A day in the like".

Bruce

27 Mar 2011     

roneydirt
United States

I agree with Bruce...  A little more information might be needed.  I do think even regular tongue twisters might work.  There is a wide variety of them found on this site and through google, even some work tongue twisters.  You can even make it a history lesson on what some mean.  Some can be actually quite interesting and teach a bit about the English language and Western early culture and how it has change over time; maybe a good discussion topic.

27 Mar 2011     

savvinka
Russian Federation

I agree with Roneydirt :  "I do think even regular tongue twisters might work �. http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=395976#thetop

27 Mar 2011     

OLGA11
Belarus

i ASK YOUR HELP!!! HEY U R SO UNFRIENDLY!!! RUDE U R TEACHERS HEY!!

27 Mar 2011     

OLGA11
Belarus

REALLY STUPID T- TWISTERS !! THEY ARE ADULTS

THE TOPIC IS A WORKING DAY

27 Mar 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

How about a part of this one (just shorten it as you please): When you write copy you have the right to copyright the copy you write. You can write good and copyright but copyright doesn �t mean copy good - it might not be right good copy, right? Now, writers of religious services write rite, and thus have the right to copyright the rite they write. Conservatives write right copy, and have the right to copyright the right copy they write. A right wing cleric might write right rite, and have the right to copyright the right rite he has the right to write. His editor has the job of making the right rite copy right before the copyright would be right. Then it might be copy good copyright. Should Thom Wright decide to write, then Wright might write right rite, which Wright has a right to copyright. Copying that rite would copy Wright �s right rite, and thus violate copyright, so Wright would have the legal right to right the wrong. Right? Legals write writs which is a right or not write writs right but all writs, copied or not, are writs that are copyright. Judges make writers write writs right. Advertisers write copy which is copyright the copy writer �s company, not the right of the writer to copyright. But the copy written is copyrighted as written, right? Wrongfully copying a right writ, a right rite or copy is not right.

27 Mar 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

Or any of these:

Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?

Seth at Sainsbury �s sells thick socks.

You cuss, I cuss, we all cuss, for asparagus!

Luke Luck likes lakes.

Luke �s duck likes lakes.

Luke Luck licks lakes.

Luck �s duck licks lakes.

Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes.

Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.

How many cookies could a good cook cook If a good cook could cook cookies? A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.

She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.
The shells she sells are sea-shells, I �m sure.
For if she sells sea-shells on the sea-shore
Then I �m sure she sells sea-shore shells.

BTW, I do agree with the answers above, I think regular tongue-twisters should work, they do not come different for every topic and as much as they do, they can be found on the internet. That �s where I found them (e.g. : http://www.uebersetzung.at/twister/en.htm )

I hope they help, but about rudeness - I don �t think the teachers who gave you the answers above were (the) rude (ones). 

27 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I once met a vulgar Volga Bulgar, Olga. He was actually a vulgar Volga Bulgar golfer, Olga.

By the way, if someone says you �re a real "piece of work", would you understand?

27 Mar 2011     

magneto
Greece

AlmazClap

27 Mar 2011     

OLGA11
Belarus

Pig

27 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >