Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Australian recipes    

Australian recipes

sandrinetho
France

Australian recipes

Hi dear friends

My students are interested in Australia and we �ve been working on this subject for some times. We would like to find tasty, easy and cheap Australian recipes to prepare and serve to the other students at the school canteen. Could you help me please? Of course the ingredients have to be easy to find in France. Thank you for your help and kisses from France      

27 Mar 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If no Aussie responds, then look here.
Sophia

27 Mar 2011     

chrissmolder
Australia

This is a webpage I made for a two-week class I was helping to teach.  We only made the scones in class (the photo in the bottom right corner links to the recipe I used).  They were very simple and came out well.  Be sure to serve them with jam and cream if you make them!

http://winterschool.weebly.com/food.html

I wasn �t brought up here so I had to rely on the Internet.  Maybe some real Aussies have some other �true blue � recipes you can use!

27 Mar 2011     

Apodo
Australia

I hope they were Pumpkin Scones!

(Add a cup of mashed pumpkin to the recipe.)

Try Lamingtons & Pavlova.

Australian food is based on the foods of many different countries, originally British, then as different migrants arrived they added their own cuisine.
BBQs are popular, including prawns as well as meat & sausages.
I read recently that the most popular meal for families in Australia is Spaghetti Bolognaise. It was a favourite in our family, and you can grate all sorts of vegetables and add them if the kids don �t like eating them. ;-)

I �m busy today, but PM me if you want help with recipes.

Our school tuck shop (canteen) sold pies, sausage rolls, pasties, salad rolls, sandwiches & cream buns.

28 Mar 2011     

sandrinetho
France

Thanks for your replies . We will taste, for sure. bye

28 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

These are typical Ozzie: 

Traditional outback:
- bush tucker (cooked over an open fire in the bush while droving): damper and billy tea
- farm homestead fare- beef/lamb roast dinner, sausage rolls, scones with jam and cream

Today:
- outdoor bbq - sausages, steak, seafood (esp prawns/shrimps)
- fundraising - sausage sizzles, lamington drives
- football and other sports matches - meat pies
- afternoon tea- scones with jam and cream, pavlova, ANZAC biscuits (originally invented for soldiers sent to WW1)

Vegemite is a traditional Aussie icon but your students probably won�t like it.

For your purpose I recommend lamingtons and a sausage sizzle as the easiest to prepare and sell.

You can find more info here

28 Mar 2011     

sandrinetho
France

Thanks Jayho I will try some of them.
I had tried to search for Australian recipes on the site but couldn �t find anything.
 Your worksheets are interesting and will be of a great help.

28 Mar 2011