Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > STUDENTS WITH DYSLEXIA    

STUDENTS WITH DYSLEXIA

carme sammut
Malta

STUDENTS WITH DYSLEXIA

I would be much obliged if you let me know the ideal age students are to be assessed and checked for dyslexia.

I would like to know at what age children are assessed for certain learning difficulties in your countries.

thanks lots

carmen

29 Mar 2011      

olaola
Italy

In my country when they start learning reading and writing , at about the age of 6

29 Mar 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

one of the usual signs for a dyslexic kid is the inversion on letters like d for  b   the problem is that this is a common mistake for kids until they are 8-9 yrs. so here we keep an eye to kids as soon a they are learning to read but the  actual assessment is when they reach 9-10  unless    we suspect of another condition

29 Mar 2011     

carme sammut
Malta

Thanks a lot for your interest.  I think that the earlier they are screened and assessed the better.  It seems that the number of students with dyslexia is increasing and that is due of delayed assessment.  Thanks a lot for your interest.
Big smile

Carmen

30 Mar 2011