Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any good activity for teaching dates and years?    

Any good activity for teaching dates and years?

Emanuel22
Costa Rica

Any good activity for teaching dates and years?

Hi, Do you know any good and meaningful activity for teaching dates, years ? I �d really appreciate if somebody could help me because my students are having serious problems on this, I want them to overcome this as soon as possible but in the better way. please help me.

29 Mar 2011      

rejjie
France

I don �t have an activity but I have a grid to help to say the date properly. I can send it to you if you give me your e mail

Rejjie

29 Mar 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

You didn �t mention how old or what level your students are...
I teach dates and years to my students when they are still fairly young (10 yrs old) and I usually use their birthday as a starting point. Most of them love telling when their birthday is and in which year they were born. There are a lot of great sheets on the subject on the site.

29 Mar 2011     

Sagales
Spain

Hi Emanuel

I use the ATONIN Pyramid, which basically teaches prepositions to use for dates, months, years, etc...  I demonstrate below,which I hope you find it useful  Regards, Sagales.

The AT-ON-IN Time Pyramid

The ATONIN Time Pyramid can help people remember which preposition � at, on or in � to use with hours, days, months, years, etc.

An easy way to remember which preposition to use with hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, ages.

Do you have a difficult time remembering which preposition to use with hours, days, months, years, etc?

Imagine a pyramid divided horizontally into 3 groups.

29 Mar 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Sagales, that �s really helpful! Thanks!

I did not know about this Pyramid before but I see it is a really smart way to teach time prepositions.
I am posting a link to the page where you can find the pyramid
http://edition.tefl.net/ideas/vocab/atonin-time-pyramid/

30 Mar 2011