Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Copied material    

Copied material

m.farvas
Malta

Copied material

I have recently found out that someone has copied my worksheet.  To be precise, this contributor used my text WORD FOR WORD, put it in a different format and added some questions. However, the text is copied from my worksheet.  I have reported the matter and now I have found that it has been uploaded again.  I think it �s very unfair.

13 Apr 2011      

m.farvas
Malta

You can see for yourself.  The first link is my contribution whilst the second one is the one I �m complaining about.

13 Apr 2011     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello. Have you written the text yourself?

13 Apr 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Marie

Do you have your facts right?

The second link, the alleged copy, was uploaded on 8th March 2011 and the first link, which you say is yours, was uploaded on 16th March 2011.  How can the second link be a copy of the first link if the dates clearly specify otherwise?

Jayho

13 Apr 2011     

zailda
Brazil

If you think a ws is a copy of yours just report it and the moderators will check. If a member has 3 or more wss removed as copies Victor will revise his profile and it can be removed as well.

13 Apr 2011     

kate0611
Korea, South

I saw similar text on other sites so perhaps both parties used the same source?

(I don �t know what kind of site this is but it has some of the same text)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38233876/1-Limba-Engleza
(scroll down to palace section-this seems to come from an English class)

(this is someone �s personal site)

13 Apr 2011     

Jayho
Australia

I googled a few lines from each and I am AMAZED at the number of sites with the same wording, including activities.  This is indeed a popular topic.

13 Apr 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

www.didactic.ro/materiale-didactice/descarcare/103145

13 Apr 2011     

Jayho
Australia

On closer inspection it seems that you have both used part of an existing text (that appears numerous times) on the internet and that you have both created additional questions.  IMHO it is not a copy of your WS.

I don �t how you justify that it is your text because quite clearly it can be seen here that the common piece of text also appears on the internet.

However, if you do believe it is a copy, despite an earlier upload date, just simply try to report it.

Cheers

Jayho

13 Apr 2011