Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > concerning my removed ws     

concerning my removed ws

kawyte
Lithuania

concerning my removed ws

Hello,

I�ve just found out, that my ws "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" has been removed for the following reason: it�s a copy from busyteacher.com (shouldn�t it be busyteacher.org??) That is not true Disapprove I�ve put it there myself (and some of my other wss as well). I use the same nickname "kawyte" in both websites, but I always first upload my wss here in eslprintables.  So I do think this is unfair, because we�re allowed to put our own wss wherever we want to, aren�t we? 

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is - how can I make sure the same problem won�t arise in the future? Should I notice in the description of my wss that I also upload them in busyteacher.org? 

Have a great day,

Kawyte 

30 Apr 2011      

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello, kawyte.
 It �s always recommended to mention in the description if you upload your wss somewhere else to avoid misunderstandings. Now you can contact Victor by sending him PM , explain the situation and ask to restore your ws and points.

Hug

30 Apr 2011     

benjaminnoi
Canada

I agree, cuz this happened to me once and i used one of the templates and made a board game then i got the same response, i think they should consider the worksheets more carefully before they remove it.

30 Apr 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

yes I think all members who upload their wss in 2 or more websites must mention it in their profile description to avoid such mistakes... that �s what I did and none of my wss have ever been reported...
I hope Victor will correct this mistake soon and that you �re not too upset: moderators are doing a great job but they are only humans and it �s our job to make their job simpler!
take care!!!
Elodie

30 Apr 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

This topic has been here several times before and it was always recommended to put a notice in the description if you publish also somewhere else. If you did it I doubt your ws would be removed.

30 Apr 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

I never post the wss simultaneously on two websites.
I would post here first, wait a month or more then post else where. This would avoid some confusion. P.S. I also use the same avatar.

30 Apr 2011     

kawyte
Lithuania

thanks for your answers. I�ve already mentioned in my profile description about sharing my wss on busyteacher.org. 

tech_teacher, I did the same - first posted my wss here, and only later else where, but still the ws I�d put here first was claimed to be a copy of the same ws I uploaded on the other website after some time.  For this reason, I partially agree with benjaminnoi. It is up to the moderators to decide if they want to help the site get rid of the copied/stolen wss, and if they�ve chosen to do this great job, I think they should consider the reported wss more carefully in order to avoid the mistakes like that. 

30 Apr 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@kawyte,

please, keep on your mind that the moderators are only human beings and there are sometimes almost a 100 wss reported during a day. In such amount the mistake sometimes happen. Don �t blame the moderators for not doing their job carefully:o(((

30 Apr 2011     

kawyte
Lithuania

It �s not that I �m blaming them, I do appreciate their hard work :) I just don �t think that the amount of work should affect the quality of it. That �s just my personal opinion.

1 May 2011