Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > REPORTED WORKSHEET    

REPORTED WORKSHEET

Fabiola R
Argentina

REPORTED WORKSHEET

Hi everyone!

I �m really upset and dissapointed because somebody reported my worksheet about numbers and colours because IT WAS NOT AN ESL RESOURCE. It was a card with balloons for teachers to make a dictation with numbers and colours.

Ex: NUMBER ONE IS YELLOW.

I thought it was not necessary to say what colour the numbers are because you are the only ones who can decide which are the colours you want to include.

However, I �ve decided to add the desired reading activity, that in my opinion is useless, because the aim of the activity is to practise numbers and colours by means of listening and colouring...

Sorry if this note irritates you or you think it is a waste of time but I really think we must report worksheets when they are not useful. (I explained in my comment about the handout that it was a card for making a dictation with our students)

Thanks in advance for reading this post..

Faby.

3 May 2011      

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Fabiola!
I dont know if you �re talking about this one :
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=536255#thetop
It �s not reported at all and it �s still among tomorrow �s contribution.
Wish you all the best.
Kind regards.

3 May 2011     

sandytita
Portugal

I really understand you Fabiola about reporting worksheets, there are a few people here that love doing that to our hard working (just for nothing).

4 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Sandytita - imho your comment is uncalled for.

If a WS is removed then 99% of the time there is just cause. In the rare 1% of cases a simple PM to Victor with a "polite" explanation will solve the problem.

If you have a grudge over reporting issues and moderator behaviour take it up with Victor.  We don�t need your negativity here on the forum.

If you don�t like what this site has to offer then go elsewhere - there are plenty of other sites that you can contribute to. 

Faby

All you need to do is politely PM Victor with your reasons that you stated in your post and he will consider it.  If he supports you he will reinstate your WS and your points.  He is very fair in his judgement as are the moderators.

4 May 2011     

zailda
Brazil

@sandytita: really? I don �t think some of us (busy teachers) spend all of their (very little) spare time finding reasons to report other people �s wss.

4 May 2011     

sandytita
Portugal

So why was I reported Twice only today? I �m getting sad. I thought this was more serious.
Jayho your words are really BAD, I know what I feel after so much work, I am steel learnig How this is working as I told before.

4 May 2011     

juliag
Japan

Let �s not start verbal sparring on the forum. Smile 
Jayho is only presenting the facts and the options available, not saying anything bad in the least.

Sandy,  I have found one of your worksheets on the reporting page, it has been reported because of a watermarked clipart so all you have to do is change the clipart and reupload. Oc course we all work hard to create the worksheets we upload here and are disappointed when they are reported, but as you say you are still learning maybe you are a fairly recent member. In case you didn �t know, we are not allowed to use watermarked cliparts in our worksheets, so that is why your worksheet was reported, not because someone had too much free time and wanted to get at you.

Well, wishing all a lovely day!
Julia

4 May 2011     

Fabiola R
Argentina

I really apreciate your comments..
I do not want anyone to argue because of a simple post.

I think we are all here for the same reason: WE LOVE TEACHING, WE LOVE CREATING ACTIVITIES, AND WE ARE ALL GREAT PEOPLE who just want to share with others and make their job a bit eassier by provinding good quality worksheets, flashcards, etc..

Thanks a lot for answering..

Wish you a great week, hugs from Argentina Hug

MABDEL: that �s the reuploaded version... Thanks!!! =)

4 May 2011     

Fabiola R
Argentina

I �ve decided to add a reading activity to my worksheet and reupload it.

Thanks for your kind words =)

4 May 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi Faby,

Thanks for all your great worksheets which I really love. Glad you decided how to deal with it and were able to reupload so quickly. Have a lovely day. Hug

4 May 2011     

zailda
Brazil

I didn �t mean to be rude but I answered sandy �s post today, maybe she hasn �t read it yet:

I thought that after reading it she �d understand why her ws was reported. I also added some pictures to help her understand how to look for images with google images search. After all of that, I guess her remark on this thread was unnecessary - at least.

I mean, first time she asked I was polite and helpful, wasn �t I?

4 May 2011     

1    2    Next >