Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > sorry to say that but..    

sorry to say that but..

wildan
Turkey

sorry to say that but..

Hello everyone..I have been away from this site for a while and I see there are lots of new users. It�s great to share work with teachers from all over the world. I appreciate everyone�s effort to prepare good worksheets. But I have to say that there have been lots of worksheets which don�t include anything at all. I don�t want to look down on anybody�s precious work but looking through lots of worksheets which gives no help takes too much time as well as being tiring. I just want to say that we should be more careful with the worksheets we upload.We upload to share work not for the sake of uploading only. I hope nobody misunderstands me.. Thanks in advance...

15 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

<mind block - ok come back to eslprintables and procrastinate some more, cool look - an interesting topic...>

Hi Wildan,

You make a point - there is a lot of stuff on this website that I would never use.... funnily enough, other people sometimes think that this very same stuff is useful.  Sometimes I think WOW what a cool worksheet, and yet it only gets 1 or 2 downloads....

I think this is a hard topic as everyone has a different idea on what is useful. The best example of this is the advanced and/or adult materials.  <sublimnal message - Don�t think of polar bears> They require a huge amount of work, and yet very few people download them because most people seem to be teaching children and/or beginners - intermediate.  does this mean we shouldn�t upload them - I think it is better to upload and make it available to maybe even that one person who wants it.

Sometimes people are just starting out in their creative career.  <sublimnal message - Don�t think of polar bears> They don�t really know what is suitable yet - they upload stuff that no one wants, and then they go back and review it and learn from the experience until all of a sudden they are fantastic contributors that everyone cherishes. 

I think patience and tolerance is the best way to deal with it - even though we have to wade through so many contributions each day.  IT is worth the effort for that �Diamond in the Rough� that really makes our class!

Polar bear, um I mean Cheers
Vicki

15 Dec 2008     

wildan
Turkey

yeah I totally agree with you that the number of the downloads a worksheet gets doesn�t let us decide whether it�s useful or not. What I mean is that a worksheet we upload should have something..in terms of grammar or vocabulary or something.. Writing ten sentences together doesn�t make it a worksheet :(

15 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

Vickiiii,  if I end up dreaming about polar bears tonight, I�m going to blame you.

It�s 10:22 pm here, almost time for bed.

15 Dec 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

You, ALLLLL, are  all right,
mainly that fellow that blamed something about having dreams with polar bears around-
I am ON YOUR SIDE. I WANT TO HAve PINK DREAMS, NOT POLAR ones.
Come on, fellows, all different, all the same value...
Just let us keep cool, sharing and giving opportunities
many, many things uploaded here  are less valuable, but....
go and check the first printables of our golden stars ... all of them have some " miserable" printables with just a few points..., but then, they raised, they learnt, they shared and got lots and lots of things to share, just because they got so many things shared, here

And now they are our stars....
A star, when it is born, it is just a little thing,
Just as our students...
sometimes, we think it isn�t worth a penny,
suddenly, we discover  it is a diamond
We all have a place here, some to give and share, some to learn

I want to learn with all of you,
and share what you feel worth
thanks, you all, you make an i8mportant part of my life

Thanks ... to  all of you...  I have learnt a lot since I joined here
Please, don�t let down this feeling of sharing

16 Dec 2008