Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > worksheet    

worksheet

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

worksheet

Dear friends,
Thank you all for your support.I would like to iform you that you can find the Funny Direct Speech in my worksheets. For those who could not download it because it was unjustly reported. Thanks again.

10 May 2011      

wysiwyg
France

I downloaded it a few days ago (before it was deleted, I guess): it �s a very interesting activity, your work is personal and I really don �t understand why some people spend hours reporting worksheets that shouldn �t be. Don �t they have anything more exciting to do...?

10 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

wsywig - I really don�t understand why some people spend hours complaining about reporting issues and moderator behaviour.  Don�t they have anything more exciting to do ...?

10 May 2011     

wysiwyg
France

Jayho, I guess these people have spent time and worked to make nice worksheets, and yes of course I do understand that they might feel disppaointed if their ws is unduly reported...wouldn �t you?? I think everybody on this site is trying to share interesting resources, and I suppose the ws was ok (if it wasn �t, it would not have been kept even if its author had complained).

10 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

wysiwig - if a WS is removed then 99% of the time there is just cause. In the rare 1% of cases a simple PM to Victor with a "polite" explanation will solve the problem.  All members need do is politely PM Victor with their reasons and he will consider it.  If he supports them he will reinstate their WS and points.  He is very fair in his judgement as are the moderators.  The site rules are used to determine the decisions.

If members wish to comment on reporting issues and moderator behaviour then they should take it up with Victor as he is the only one who can deal with it. 

Quite frankly, I am getting a bit tired of all this whinging and whining here on the forum when this wonderful human being provides this site to us free of charge where thousands of members make hundreds of thousands of useful resources available to us for no cost.  I mean, what more could a busy teacher want?

10 May 2011     

wysiwyg
France

I think you misunderstood my first comment. I was not critical of the moderators, and I really appreciate this site and the resources it offers us. I am sure Victor is a very fair person, of course!
What I find more surprising is the fact that some members who are not moderators report their collegues � work in an excessive way.... and that �s all I meant to say - nothing to do with Victor, so.

10 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

I don�t know why you find this surprising wysiwyg - virtually anyone can report ws�s that do not meet the site rules (see here) and most who report are not moderators.  Inappropriate excessive reporting is dealt with by Victor.  BTW, what is excessive when it is justified?

10 May 2011     

karima.mostafa
Egypt

Dear Jayho,

I think you are totally justified if you can �t see nor understand how we, members with reported and/or removed printables feel if you have never had a worksheet reported or removed before. In this case, you would see us as mere whiners. The thing is, we all really appreciate what Victor did and is still doing to keep this sight going on and with such quality and originality. However, and as wysiwyg explained, sometimes members just report worksheets unjustly and as a result, these worksheets are simply removed, which is what happened to one of my worksheets a couple of days ago. Talking about it with other members is not whining bu rather an expression of frustration that you sometimes feel the need to share with others.

As for you dear Liliaamalia, I �m more than sure that your worksheet was "unjustly reported", as your worksheets are always original and meticulously constructed.

10 May 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

I am sure Victor is doing his best but he really cannot read all the messages he gets every day, he would have to be a superman. He logs in once, twice a week and receives tens/tons of messages.
All deleted worksheets CAN be edited and uploaded again. Every member with a reported worksheet receives a message with the REASON why the ws was removed.
It is simple. If there is a watermarked clipart, remove it. If there is other language, delete it. If there is a copied text from EFL website, remove it. Done in few seconds.
Then the worksheet can be uploaded again...
WHY to bother VICTOR??? The new members can PM the senior members, if they are in doubt!
I am sure the experienced members are willing to help...
IF a worksheet is reported without a proper reason, then it is not removed because the moderators can vote against the unjust reporting. Some ws are reported by mistake and they are not removed then.
I think the easiest way is to upload the ws again, rather then complaining at forum or writing angry messages to Victor... The re-uploaded worksheet might be downloaded by much more people and enjoyed by many teachers and students all round the world. Please try it this way...

10 May 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

If a worksheet reported by mistake it is later put back in the recent contributions. (of the next day) Usually this means that a sheet has more than its normal exposure in the recent contributions. There is therefpore no need whatsoever to draw attention to it on the forum. People will see it (either again or for the first time) in the recent contributions......
In that sense the system is very fair.
My one worksheet to get reported (by mistake of course) in the end got more downloads simply because it was in the recent contributions longer than it would have been if it hadn �t been reported to begin with...

10 May 2011