Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > mapping    

mapping

rose20112012
Egypt

mapping

hi,everybody.

Can u help me,please? what are the theories that enhance or the theories that are

the basics of mind mapping  technique and graphic organizers strategy in EFL?

Thank u in advance.

14 May 2011      

Natashenka
Ukraine

Dear Rose! In order to understand mind mapping theory I think we should first read Tony Buzan �s books: "The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain �s Untapped Potential", "Super Creativity - The Mind Map Method of Creative Problem Solving - Guidebook". They contain the basics of mind mapping. Good luck! 

14 May 2011     

Natashenka
Ukraine

Also I remembered that Tessa Woodward in her book "Ways of Training (Cambridge University Press, 1995)" suggested using mind map techniques while teaching English.  

14 May 2011     

izulia
China

I like using mind maps to plan units/ projects and I sometimes use mind maps with my students at the beginning and at the end of the topic to brainstorm ideas of what my students know about before and after I teach that topic.
In case you are interested, here is a website where you can create your mind maps online. VERY EASY AND USEFUL! 

15 May 2011