Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Look /see?    

Look /see?

Mariethe House
France

Look /see?

Thank you for your good wishes! Please, will you: look at /see (Which one is correct?Wink) my post at the caf�?

16 May 2011      

suhakhader
Jordan

Hello,

I think that we would say: " Please, will you look at my post on the forum? or at the cafe.

Let �s wait and see others � opinions

Suha

16 May 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear Mariethe...

I took a look at your post... and thankfully, I was able to notice today is your birthday!!!!

Will you take a look at your birthday greetings page?! (When I read your post that was the question/phrasal verb that came to my mind)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE MORE!! Wink

Bruna

16 May 2011     

yanogator
United States

I agree with the others.
Generally, "look at" is an intentional action, and "see" is what naturally happens with your eyes.

When I look at the sky, I see the clouds. (When I focus my attention on the sky, my eyes are able to discern the clouds)

And Happy Birthday,

Bruce

16 May 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Marieth�,

I am �souris�, but my computer was �horse de combat� for some time, so I could not wish you �Happy Birthday�.  �Quel fromage!�

�Why did the Frenchman refuse the two-egg omelette?�  �Because un oeuf is un oeuf!�

My doctor is a fluent French speaker.  After he prescribed a Scottish medication for me, (�A Wee Tablet�), he remarked: �Apr�s moi, le D�luge�.

Seriously, I hope that you have a lovely, lovely birthday, surrounded by lots of life, laughter, and love.

Even though we have never met, I regard you as a dear, dear friend.  Your silent, unspoken kindnesses come to my aid, whenever things are difficult for me.

I think of you often.

I send you My Very Best Wishes.

Les

17 May 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

I had a look at your post in the Cafe. I hope others check it out as well.
Anyway, many happy returns!

17 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

... and I had a quick gander too Mademoiselle Mariethe

Mademoiselle Dianne De Poitiers
(in Australian movie
�Picnic at Hanging Rock�)

17 May 2011