Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TEACHERS ´ EXCUSES    

TEACHERS ´ EXCUSES

Mietz
Germany

I had to come and accept that in a worksheet I am using for the first (or second) time, there always is an obligatory mistake - even if I copy something from a book. It seems to be a curse. However much time I spend, there is always (at least) one mistake. So I still check, but I ´ve given up on spending hours looking for it. Of course it bugs me, but there ´s nothing to be done. And since a friend of mine said, that it ´s not efficient to spend 50% of time making a worksheet and another 50% in searching for mistakes I ´ve accepted it. I just tell my students (adults) right from the beginning, that that ´s the way it is and I use occasions like holidays etc. to give them some little something (e.g. Haribo) for easily getting along with it and sharing jokes about it. Luckily that works for me...

21 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Here ´s some of the excuses my teachers give me when they don ´t hand in their lesson plans on time! Yes, lesson plans, yuck! But... oh well, it ´s a rule in our school, and I myself have to hand them all in to my director, so, just doing my job. Anyway, some of their excuses are funny, not anything to do with the post really, since it ´s not related to mistakes, but just to share with you that we teachers are also good at making up excuses!!!

* Me: Can I have your lesson plan, please?

Teacher:
- Yeah, sure... let me print it. (starts searching all his pockets) oops! darn!!! I left my memory stick at home!!!
- I ´m really sorry! I was working on my kitchen table, and my daughter spilt my coffee on it!
- Oh! I went to your office yesterday to give them to you, but since I didn ´t find you, I put them back with my other things, and I took it home again, sorry, I forgot it!
- Oh! didn ´t you hear? there was a storm last night, and there was a power outage, and I lost all my work when the lights went out, I hadn ´t saved my file! (not even raining season yet!)
- You didn ´t see it?!?!?!? I left it on your desk a few minutes ago! Someone must have taken it!!!
- I didn ´t have time to do it on my computer, but I have my notes in my notebook. (Me: let me see your notebook then, and I ´ll Ok your lesson plan) Teacher: my notebook? uhm.... my notebook?

And I could go on, and on, and on! LOL

21 May 2011     

L. habach
Morocco

Nice topic. To err is human. I frequently make mistakes on the blackboard, worksheets etc. when a student of mine tells me about it, first I thank her/him. Then I correct the mistake. Our job is stressful. It ´s our fate.

22 May 2011     

maggiejeria
Chile

Wow, What a nice topic, I thought I was the only one who make mistakes.Wink

22 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2