Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > teenage 1 on 1 class ideas- help!    

teenage 1 on 1 class ideas- help!

graace
Venezuela

teenage 1 on 1 class ideas- help!

hello

I need some ideas for a class I have with 2 teenage girls. They are at a very basic level, and I want some games or teaching ideas to mix up the class a little. They are getting bored at the end of an hour and have not been very impressed with games like battleships etc and others that have made my other kids (and adult) classes giddy with excitement. Most of my games are for big classes and I wondered if anyone had any games or teaching ideas that would work in a class with 2 pupils.

thankyou!

2 Jun 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

teenage like 13teen or ...? it is essential.
quizzes here.
Ideas to use Flatmates and the episodes here
Sophia

2 Jun 2011     

Hiuk
Spain

Hi everybody. I have a problem. I sent two printables and there was no problem with them but they are not uploaded to the page and I haven �t got points... why??? What �s the problem?? Thanks in advance.

4 Jun 2011     

ShelleyVernon
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Here is a video of one to one teaching using games.  One of the girls in 12 in the vid and she loves learning like that.  While some of the games are too childish, especially games shown with the six year old, you could get some ideas from the short film.

If you get any children one on one or in twos or threes then it �s ideal.

All the best
Shelley

5 Jun 2011