Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Course where students produce videos    

Course where students produce videos

5002eslpartyboy
Ireland

Course where students produce videos

Hi there,

I�m preparing to write a three week optional English course where students create their own videos. The course will be 22.5 hours in total for Intermediate and above level students. That�s a ninety minute lesson, Monday to Friday, for three weeks.

The idea is that by working collaboratively and on solo video projects students will be actively engaged in the learning process. My hope is that the course will be "Education through construction" where students are immersed in the design, scripting, shooting and production of their own work. I become a facilitator, whereas the students are the ones driving the learning.
Ideally we�d have some impressive and creative pieces of work to showcase at the end.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Are there examples of lessons plans, videos or syllabi that incorporate this sort of approach? At the moment I�m researching the concept so I�d really welcome any suggestions, advice or help you might have.

My initial ideas were for:

A video diary: This would document some of their experiences of living abroad and learning the English language. The content could be video, mobile phone footage, pictures and voiceover.

A group TV News programme with on the scene reporters and studio guests.

Thanks Guys.

17 Dec 2008      

urpillay
Spain

Hi,
I don�t know if you know this website http://www.mediaeducation.net/ which contains videos made by students. It was a project from different European teachers. Maybe it can help you.  And, here there is another one http://www.speechbubbles.net/es/programmes.htm Is it this what you are looking for? Please, if you need more help, don�t hesitate to contact me!
Have a nice day and Happy Christmas!

17 Dec 2008