Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > vocabulary    

vocabulary

donia
Oman

vocabulary

hello everybody
I just wanna ask you
What�s the difference between ( depressed, frustrated, disappointed)

18 Dec 2008      

bigbang
Portugal

depressed --> very sad and without hope
frustrated --> feeling annoyed or impatient because you cannot do or achieve what you want
disappointed --> upset because sth you hoped for has not happened or been as good  or successful as you expected.

I hope this helps Donia

18 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

Ok, these are my own personal definitions :-)
Depressed: feeling really down, low, unmotivated, feeling like everything is against you, feeling like crying

Frustrated : when you try and try and try to do something but it keeps going wrong or you can�t do it you might feel frustrated. Or if something you are really trying to make work just wont happen.

Disappointed: the feeling you get when you really wanted something to happen, like you went for a job interview but didn�t get it, you really wanted it so you now feel disappointed. Or you were  really hoping that your husband would give you the great earrings you pointed out but you got a vacuum cleaner for xmas instead. You would feel really disappointed.

Hope this helps a little :-)

18 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

I would also add that �depressed� is often used colloquially to mean deeply sad and unmotivated, with a feeling that nothing is going well or will go well in the future or it can be used simply to mean a temporary sadness or moodiness. Clinically, depression is a little more complex and is linked to unfounded feelings of guilt &/or mental anguish that do not necessarily have a basis in anyone else�s perception of reality other than the person who is �depressed� - I hope that makes a little sense.

B-)

19 Dec 2008     

donia
Oman

thanks a lot guys its really helpful

24 Dec 2008