Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > School Answering Machine    

School Answering Machine

Redbull
Thailand

School Answering Machine

This is a very true answering machine service from a school in Australia.......
If only all schools had this system!!! and teachers this will brighten up your day

Link here

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink

23 Jun 2011      

Apodo
Australia

Ha Ha!  Good joke!

23 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL  You �re right, RedBull......."if only........" (sigh)

23 Jun 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

Funny for sure but not true.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/maroochydore-school-answering-machine-hoax.shtml

23 Jun 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Well, it might not be true, but it would be great if we actually could have that recording at our schools! Wink  Well, at least I �d love to have it where I work!!
I �ll share an incident I had with a parent last week. Well, this student of mine, was absolutely lazying around, didn �t do homework, didn �t hand in projects,didn �t study for the test, and although he HAD a good level of English, I refused to just give him a passing grade just because I KNEW he knew English. He had to work just as everyone else. Well, to make a long story short, he was in my group, which are the advanced students, so I decided to put him with the beginners, hoping that this would shake him up, AND his parents also. I had the school call and request they come so we could talk about the situation. This was in December of last year. And..... June 15th, I was still waiting!!! they simply didn �t show up. Everytime the secretary called to ask why, they �d simply make up any excuse and promise to go the next day.(never happened)... then I heard that if any teacher called them, they never showed, but if the assistant prinicipal requested them, they �d show. So...I asked the A.P. to make the call himself and ask them to come. It worked! LOL  They showed, but when they got to the school, and found out that the meeting was with ME... boy, I never saw a lady so angry before! She was just huffing and puffing... "how dare I lie to her!" So, I said, I �m sorry to have lied, but it was the only way to make you come, isn �t it sad? that you don �t care about your son enough to come and see what �s the problem with him??? She said, well, I wasn �t able to come because things came up unexpectedly and I couldn �t. I said, yes, of course, things have just come up one after another for FIVE MONTHS in a row!!! But, well, NOW I understand your son �s behavior, when he always tells me his parents "are TOO busy and can �t" come." I can see he �s right, his parents don �t have time for their own son....

Anyway... what I wanted to share was that I agree with RedBull,about parents making up soooooooooooo many excuses for their children, and then they have the nerve to put the blame on the teachers,... so, yes, this phone recording would be sooooo convenient in my school! LOL   hoax or not, I WISH IT WERE POSSIBLE !!! Wink

23 Jun 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

@ Mar......very nice story.

@ Manonski one day you will get my sence of humour!!!Confused.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

23 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

This is truly a message:) or dare I say the message... we teachers would want the parents to get (i.e. grasp, understand, apprehend, be aware of, deduce, figure out on their own, realize, perceive, follow... ah)

Sophia :)

23 Jun 2011     

Jayho
Australia

RB - sorry to disppoint you but we do not speak like that - that accent is way much too refined for the average Aussie -lol.

That message has been circulating the globe for at least ten years now and, if anything, has put the lovely seaside paradise of maroochydore on the tourist map.

23 Jun 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

@Redbull,

You start your thread by saying this is a true story. I clarify your post and you say I don �t get your sense of humor?  When did I say it was not funny?

23 Jun 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

@ Manonski,

Yes I did state in my thread by saying........This is a very true answering machine service from a school in Australia.......If only all schools had this system!!!

This part of my thread was the "joke" and the link to go with it, so to see your post saying Funny for sure but not true.

Just kind of taken away the fun of it don �t you think as some teachers on this forum would have looked at this link and maybe just for a second thought it was true.

You Manonski had just stated the obvious and gave a link aswell saying look at this see people it �s not true look here.
but if only it was, it would be great to have all schools to have this answering machine system don �t you think Manonski.

But I will take back some of my words and say you did say Funny for sure!

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

23 Jun 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

Well, sorry if I took your fun out of it. I dislike people who report false stories as true. I still think the content of the joke is funny and wish  some parents would have to deal with such an answering machine.

23 Jun 2011     

1    2    Next >