Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day for Sunday    

Word of the Day for Sunday

douglas
United States

Word of the Day for Sunday

Thank you Anita for selecting me for the next word of the day.  without further ado, here it is...

AGELAST

Looking forward to hearing some of your wacky definitons.

Douglas

26 Jun 2011      

samsunmustafa
Turkey

a person �s last age before he dies

26 Jun 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

AGELAST: A GEL used At Special Times

26 Jun 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

finally reaching the end of the school year, all evaluations written, cookies for the last day baked, books for next year chosen, all homework checked, and too damn tired to even say "aaah at last" simply crashing on the sofa  incomprehensively mumbling  agelast............... Making it clear to everyone in the house that they don �t need to look at me for dinner.

26 Jun 2011     

eng789
Israel

agelast  -  is the age I will last till (as in survive till ) if I keep on teaching.

27 Jun 2011     

douglas
United States

I �ll give it another couple of hours and then I will select the winner--last chance!

27 Jun 2011     

Zora
Canada

Agelast is the irritation one feels when others are having a really good time. Comes from anger + blast.

Sherry was agelast at the thought of Mary going to Acapulco for ten days.

PS... I am also filled agelastness because I must work this summer while everybody else gets to go to the beach. Confused

27 Jun 2011     

Errie
Japan

I first thought I was reading  � �aFgelast. This is a Dutch word which means to cancel something.

Agelast means eldery people.

The party was aFgelast because there were too many agelast people...Pig

27 Jun 2011     

douglas
United States

It was a tough decision--thanks for making me smile. In tnhe end I just flipped a coin to choose the winner.  And the winner is:

ENG789 

congratulations!

AGELAST actually means: a person that never laughs

Douglas

27 Jun 2011     

eng789
Israel

Thanks Douglas  Hug

27 Jun 2011