Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Professional identity    

Professional identity

helena2009
Hungary

Professional identity

Dear Language Teachers,

How do you regard your professional identity?

This is a question in my homework at the teacher training college. If you have time to write, please write me your opinion.

Thank you

Helena

26 Jun 2011      

zenlee
Korea, South

The question asks how do YOU regard YOUR professional identity. 
My answers will not help you. I think the purpose of this question is to ask YOU to think for YOURSELF about YOUR teaching role in students � lives. 
I hope this helps.

27 Jun 2011     

eng789
Israel

I think what they are looking for is how you interpret your role as a teacher.  Of course this is a bit different for everyone.  I think Helena is just looking for some ideas about what to write.

I would write something like,  I  guide  pupils through the maze called learning a new langauge and broaden their horizons on the way by not only exposing  them to the language but also to the culture.

Hope this helps
Have a great week.
Barbara

27 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

eng789: I bet you meant "interpret your role as a teacher"
I used to work as an interpreter and there was one Canadian (with a sense of humour) who used to call me "my able interrupter" Wink
Sophia

27 Jun 2011     

maryse pey�
France

My professional identity ?

I am proud to be a teacher, a "sharer" of knowledge. I am proud to see my students going further than I supposed and than I am going. I am proud to help my students find their way in our world, to burst into laughter because they have passed their exam, they have finally found their future job, they have been now addicted to learning.

I am a step, a humble step in students � life, the one who gives them the necessary impulse to become coherent and responsible human beings.

27 Jun 2011