Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

yanogator
United States

Word of the Day

I apologize for the delay here. I �m having health problems and spending too much time with doctors and hospitals lately. Many thanks to Mel Gia for choosing me as the winner.

Todays word is  helminthology . I think you �ll have fun with it.

Bruce

12 Jul 2011      

yanogator
United States

Sophia,
Not being a mom, I didn �t realize this. I don �t know if this term is common here in the US, but I �ve never seen the word before. Anyway, we can have fun with a word, even if we know the real meaning.

Bruce

12 Jul 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Ooops! Although I �m a mom, I �m completely lost to what Sophia mentions as obvious! I must be a weird mom? LOL!

Well, my shot at the word is...

The latest fashion in HELMETS that are "IN", among bike riders...

helminthology

13 Jul 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

BTW as absurd as it might seem, my favourite OAL online dictionary doesn �t even have such an entry! How advanced is that:)
Don �t worry, Mar, probably I �m the one who �s weird here, partly because my cousin went to medical school (she �s a doc now). You can tell we were close :)
Anyways, I love your definition!Thumbs Up
Sophia

13 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

The study of mayonaise

13 Jul 2011     

thedropper
Japan

The study of the 1919 movie Mints of Hell about gold miners in the Yukon.  There is only one known helminthologist in the world.

13 Jul 2011     

yanogator
United States

I think they �re re-making that one as a musical starring Jim Carrey and Robert DeNiro.

Bruce

13 Jul 2011