Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me with whiteboards !    

Help me with whiteboards !

nika114
Greece

Help me with whiteboards !

Good morning to everyone!As if heat wasn �t enough,I have to work with whiteboards and 2 to 3 years old kids.Could anyone tell me how  these ages react to them?For example,is it better to use online flash cards or just paper onew?Do kids pay more attention?I know I may sound ignorant and naive but I am new to both the age group and to IWBs,which seem to be the future in teaching aids.I would appreciate any help and suggestions.Lind told me smthing about promethean iwbs but we are using epson.
Thank you all in advance
nika114

22 Jul 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Never had preschoolers + IWB :)
But I �m willing to help and maybe you �ll consider using some of my suggestions:)

Remember such little kids need to move a lot and touch things, with regards to this, you would be probably better off choosing smth interactive where they would touch the /click smth on the IWB (a picture or a button) if you decide to use the IWB.

Sophia

22 Jul 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

I don �t think you should use only on e - try to combine the two approaches. 

In my opinion (but I haven �t taught children so young yet) they should learn more from a person than from technology. I hope there will be more replies from people who know more.

22 Jul 2011