Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for class project    

Ideas for class project

Sleeping Beauty
Iran

Ideas for class project

Hello to all of you,my best friends and colleagues
I need your creative suggestions and ideas.
I have two elementary classes this term, and students of one of them are up to 10years old and in the other class students are teenagers.They first one only knows simple words and they only can paint, sing or repeat things with me. While the other students are able to write more and they knows more things than first group.
Any way, after this long description, I �m asking you to see that if you could help me to come up with a great ideas for their class project or not.I need to be a great teacher in front of the headmaster, so honestly I �m looking for the best ideas of you dear friends which will make my students stand out. Finally, let me say the variety of topics are unlimited!

Thank you all in advance
Love you from Iran

Sleeping Beauty Wink

23 Jul 2011      

Sleeping Beauty
Iran

No one likes to help?!

23 Jul 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Sleeping Beauty,

I don�t teach children, but here are a couple of ideas for your first class.

�Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes.

Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes.

And eyes, and ears, and mouth, and nose.

Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes�.

For your first class, this is a children�s song, with actions for every word.

Here is the song sung for you, with the actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8FwBSITW-4

And here is the music only.  The verse is played about 10 times, with the music becoming less and less.

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/headsh.htm

At every new verse, you have a slight change --- one word is NOT sung, (but you DO THE ACTION, and you sing all the other words), first �Head�, then two words, �Head�, �Shoulders�, then three words,  �Head�, �Shoulders�, �Knees�, and so on.  Eventually, no-one sings ANY words, but DOES ALL THE ACTIONS. The last verse is VERY FAST, with everyone singing ALL the words and DOING ALL THE ACTIONS.

If some of the children make a mistake, it�s all part of the fun!  But YOU must also sing and dance!  In this way, they can copy you!  So you must concentrate on what you are doing!

If the children learn this quickly, you could also teach them another 10 easy �Parts of the Body�, (20 words in total, including the 10 words in the song).

Do this by writing the words on the Whiteboard, (including the words of the song); pointing to a word, �arm�; (for example), saying the word and pointing to your arm; the children point to their arm and say the word �arm�.  This is repeated several times, �arm�, until everybody has it.  Pass on to word number 2, then 3, etc.

For the class presentation, make it easy for yourself. Write the same 20 words on the Whiteboard; point to a word, (�leg�); say it, �leg�; children point to a leg and say, �leg�; and so on.

If the children have really learned, say a word, but DO NOT POINT to the part of the body; children must repeat the word and POINT TO THE PART OF THE BODY.  Perhaps you could choose one advanced student to give a demonstration.  But, MAKE IT EASY!

As another class exercise, the children can �paint� different parts of the song.  You can give each sheet a �Title� in English --- �Eyes�, �Ears�, etc. with the name of the student.  You can display these on the walls during the performance!

I will wait, and let other more capable teachers help you with class 2.

Les

23 Jul 2011     

Sleeping Beauty
Iran

Wow Thank you so much!

It �s really sweet of you :)

23 Jul 2011