Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Respecting our different religions and nationalities    

Respecting our different religions and nationalities

libertybelle
United States

Respecting our different religions and nationalities

This is a fabulous site where teachers from all over the world unite in the one thing
we all have in common: we�re English teachers.

Therefore it bothers me that the Season�s greetings here that some are leaving are just too
religious. I think a Happy Hanukkah, or Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa,Happy Holidays or Season�s Greetings are fine.
But when some of the messages are blaring in our faces about the miracles of Jesus or
whatever - I feel offended and so do others here.
Can�t we just wish each other well, without all the embellishments?
We�re not here to convert each other - we�re here to respect each other, and share
in our common interest - teaching and teaching materials.

Happy Holidays

thank you
Libertybelle

21 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi libertybell,

I am a complete heathen myself, and yet I understand how some people like to express their joy in the season by making reference to their beliefs.  I think tolerance would be a wonderful thing to add to that respect.  It doesn�t really hurt anyone to see a few words put on the screen expressing someone�s joy - does it? 

21 Dec 2008