Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > LONDON BRIDGE IS BURNING DOWN!    

LONDON BRIDGE IS BURNING DOWN!

Redbull
Thailand

LONDON BRIDGE IS BURNING DOWN!

With what �s going on in London over the past day �s, I �m seriously thinking about popping into Bangkok City to do abit of "Burning & Looting".... You get so much more for your money with little effort!!!

OH! GREAT BRITAIN , where did we go wrong?

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

9 Aug 2011      

Mariethe House
France

Where did the world go wrong?Cry What future did we prepare for our youths? WHat hope and what expectations did we give them, ? I am not trying to find excuses for what �s going on but I am really worried for youngsters all over the world .

9 Aug 2011     

cheezels
New Zealand

Watch live reporting from the BBC here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

So sad. So unnecessary.

9 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

The way young people think http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424 So sad!
Sophia

9 Aug 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

What �s happening to us???Cry the world, the chaotic uprising in the middle east, the famine in Somalia, the economic plague in US, EU, & Asia, the Norway Attack, The riot in UK, where �s all the cheer and stability we used to be proud of and enjoy?

Sirhajwan

"London Bridge is falling down,
I think we could fix that,
but what if the whole world is "falling down",
can we fix it?
are we capable of doing it?
what went wrong?
and what will happen next?
Somebody? Anyone?

9 Aug 2011     

juliag
Japan

I �ve just been watching it live on the BBC.

So tragic, such a waste for people to be destroying their own communities.

I agree that we need to give the young people of the world more hope for the future, and that it is a lack of this that may have inspired such a tragic series of events.

But I also think we need to educate them in such a way that they learn a sense of accountability, so that they can think about the effects their actions will have on others and be ready to be held responsible for their own actions and choices.

So many people in England ready to put the blame on other people, usually the government or rich people. Last time I was home a few years ago my brother said the same phrase, "It �s the government �s fault."

But it �s not. They may be one contributing factor, but there are much worse governments in the world, right? And in the end your actions are your own choice. You can �t go around just heaping blame on other people and hoping to escape the consequences of what you have done, or not even thinking about what harm it may do to you or others.

We need to teach our children and young people how to CARE, about themselves, the people around them, their communities and nature. We need to help them make better choices and become "better" - whether as a person, or educationally - so that they can feel a sense of self-worth and know that they can contribute something to the community, rather than feeling the need to destroy it.

All this needless violence is so saddening.

9 Aug 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

It �s sad, in the deepest meaning of the word. SAD. Nothing much to understand, though.

I  hope things get better soon, Redbull, for everybody�s sake. Take care. 

9 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You �re absolutely right, Julia, senseless things like that are usually done by an uneducated mob. It �s awful! They looted even charity shops and baby clothes stores! Senseless rioting and self destruction! The police got some 43.000 calls 25.000 of which needed immediate response! Can you imagine the scale of this?
Sophia

9 Aug 2011