Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > More help!!    

More help!!

harelyta
Peru

More help!!

Hi everybody!!! My helpful friends!!

I �m actually in need of some ideas about this..
Well, I teach 5th grade primary level students, they have to do any work developing English production, this work is done at school, not at home, because the idea is that there is a special days for parents to come to the school and see the work of their children, like a surprise for them.My principal told ss do the work by themselves.

I am not completely sure what to do. I was thinking about a poster of her favourite fim, but it doesn �t sounds really great...That �s what I think!!! Well, so if you have sopme ideas please let me know.

I hope to receive some ideas soon.Can you help me????

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!! Have a great evening or night

Harelyta

11 Aug 2011      

stessenspaola
Argentina

Hi well you can try preparing an ESL play. In this way all children are involved, and you can assign different roles to each SS according to their personality. This can motivate your SS to speak while they have fun. Song are useful too, may be they can choose a song they like and create their own lyric, they can even create a video clip.
Another thing hyou can do is to work on a project and then the SS can display what they have achieved. You can try with topics about the environment, healthy food, etc. During the project SS can create flags, leaflets, a webpage and they can even make a survey...

11 Aug 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

A poster about themselves. Describing themselves, a self potrait, favorite book, movie, colors, pop star, TV show etc.

11 Aug 2011     

Rafael Rodriguez
Dominican Republic

Well, I think that you can have them participating in a small drama "Henny penny for example" you could have customs and all, and write an easy script so they could understand easily... other idea could be: to practice sayings opinions about people using adjectives and description SO YOU COULD RECORD THEM AND PRESENT THE VIDEO WIDESCREEN with all the students coments; they could use posters with pictures and photos too.

11 Aug 2011     

Rafael Rodriguez
Dominican Republic

Well, I think that you can have them participating in a small drama "Henny penny for example" you could have customs and all, and write an easy script so they could understand easily... other idea could be: to practice sayings opinions about people using adjectives and description SO YOU COULD RECORD THEM AND PRESENT THE VIDEO WIDESCREEN with all the students coments; they could use posters with pictures and photos too.

11 Aug 2011     

harelyta
Peru

Thanks a lot my friends. Please if you have more ideas, let me know

Kisses and hugs from Peru  Smile

Harelyta

11 Aug 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hello, Harelyta! Last year, I had my students perform a "living statues" activity. This consisted of the following. As we had worked with the simple past, I gave a list of famous people, and had each student choose one character. They had to investigate about the life of this person, and memorize the most important facts in his/her timeline. They also had to dress (a costume) according to his/her character.

On the day of the presentation, we did this in a large room, and I had my "statues" stand in different places. Next to them, was a box. When the parents came in, as they did so, I handed them some pieces of candy, lets say... 5 or so. And I explained that we were in a special museum, who had "living statues", but the only way to bring them to life, was to place a candy in their box. When the parent did this, the statues came to life and presented him/herself, and talked breifly about his/her life or most important deeds. When they finished talking about themselves, they returned to their "still" position. So, the parents were free to walk around the "museum" and choose the "statues" they wanted to hear about...

The parents enjoyed this very much and so did the kids. I told them that the "statue" who collected more candies would win a prize, but obviously I gave them ALL a prize, since they did such a fine job!

11 Aug 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Mar, the idea of the living statues is great. I �ll try to organize something like that with my fourth graders. Thank you.

11 Aug 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

Wow....Mar...
Your ida of the statues was really great...It will be catchy....thanks...

11 Aug 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Glad you found my idea useful! Big smile

Have a great day, everybody! I will be attending a conference in a city about 3 hours from my hometown, so I will be away til night =(   

Hugs, everyone!!! Hug

Mar

11 Aug 2011