Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > word of the day 12 08 2011    

word of the day 12 08 2011

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Mariethe,

"A rising Tide lifts All Boats", because, "Time, and Tide, wait for No Man."

Les

12 Aug 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Your answers are "not two a penny", les! (penniless! oh dear! sorry, not LOL)

12 Aug 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hello dear Mariethe, well my definition is by no means as witty and hilarious as some of the others, but the first thing I thought when I read your phrase is of the way how if there is just one person with positive and uplifting energy they can pass it to others around them in the simplest ways, just by a smile or a kind word or a gentle touch, and lift up all those tired and weary, or disillusioned and disappointed souls around them.

And although it �s not at all funny, it was such a nice thought for first thing on a Saturday morning that I decided to share it with you anyhow, knowing you to be one of those souls who does the uplifting.

13 Aug 2011     

suhakhader
Jordan

Dear Juliag,

Your thought is just as kind as you! It �s nice to think of others and to pass happiness and energy to them. I hope to be one of those souls who does the uplifting!Thumbs Up

Suha

13 Aug 2011     

< Previous   1    2