Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of WOD/POD    

Winner of WOD/POD

edrodmedina
United States

Winner of WOD/POD

Thank you Alex, Les, Marion, Maryse, Jayho and Ascincoquinas for participating. A special thank you to Les for keeping his definition to less than 5,000 words (just barely). Marion �s Don �t assault Peter, man was very creative as was Alex �s male prostitute reference and Maryse �s cooking, Jayho �s science teacher and Ascinco �s Portuguese salt man were all inspired. But as we know there can only be one winner, and that winner is Les. Les if the magic you perform is as entertaining as the magic you create with words you must be a great magic man. Thank you for bringing us joy (or could it be jane?) every time you put fingers to keys. Ed
BTW a saltpetre or saltpeter man was a man who during medieval (keeping Alex´s medieval occupations theme) times would collect urine to make saltpeter, a key ingredient in the making of gunpowder.

26 Aug 2011      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Ed,

Thank you very much for your kindness in choosing me.  Your generous words, and those of the other Members, are Sunshine in my life.  Thank you!

Now, I am looking for another Word/Phrase to post on the Forum for today �s competition.

Les 

26 Aug 2011