Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Teaching Idioms     

Teaching Idioms

Colie
United States

Teaching Idioms

Just thought I would share something I found useful for my idioms classroom with my students. �I found a local store that sells cards in a neat little box called Word Teasers. �The have an Idioms Edition that you can use with your advanced level students (possibly your intermediate level students). �Basically, the cards present an Idiom Challenge question with a question and and idiom included in the question. �The students have to answer the question and you can then assess whether they understand the idiom or not. �On the back of the card, it gives the meaning/definition of the idiom and also the origin of the expression. �You can really choose the way you want to use the cards. �As an assessment or as an introduction to get their attention. �Obviously, this is NOT my original work so I could not put it in as a printable but, I thought I would share it with the rest of the kind folks here on the forum. �The website to find these cards at is �
www.wordteasers.com

Good luck!

Nicole

25 Sep 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Thank you Nicole,

Looks like a great set for a reasonable price.  Unfortuanetly the free delivery is only in the US - but would love to use this idea. 
Thumbs Up great find

25 Sep 2008     

unoit
United States

Nicole, thank you for caring about educators who are trying to make a difference in a child�s life.

Thumbs Up

1 Oct 2008