Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching tool    

Teaching tool

ivush
Czech Republic

Teaching tool

Hello, I have just made this :) Plastic eggs filled with rice or lentil for each student to practise word stress and sentence intonation. Material: kinder surprise eggs, rice, lentil. Get inspired :)

30 Aug 2011      

class centre
Belarus

Thaaaaanks a lot! My grandaughter must have plenty of them! Good idea!

30 Aug 2011     

tenbest
Jordan

it seems good idea ,,,, but i couldn�t understand it well:(

30 Aug 2011     

LittleSunshine11
Germany

This looks very interesting... could you explain how this works? I don �t understand how to use the eggs. Thanks Smile

30 Aug 2011     

ivush
Czech Republic

OK, you handle them to your students, everyone has one as well as you. Then you say a vocabulary and rhytmicaly rattle with this thing to stress the pronunciation or intonation and the students do that afer you and realize the things mentioned :) 

30 Aug 2011     

Sexybomber
United States

how do you use this to practice tones and intonations? what about emphatic tones,extra stress,staircase intonation etc?

30 Aug 2011     

edinita
Hungary

Dear Ivush,

Nice idea. I have just seen it at a conference in Hungary. We used 8-10 different things inside the eggs. Seeds, peas, beans, dry pasta, etc. and there were 2 of each. It was a little game for kids to find their sound partners and later on they worked together n some exercises. Nice ideas.

Love, Ditta, from Hungary

30 Aug 2011