Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Funny sketches in English    

Funny sketches in English

ela_b
Estonia

Funny sketches in English

Hello dear teachers,

I would like to ask you whether you can tell me about any nice, funny and easy to understand sketches in English. I give private classes to some children aged 10 to 12 who are practically bilingual. Last year I watched with them all the episodes of Mr Bean which they loved. The sketches helped me catch their attention and make them talk about what they saw, about some English customs, and the character of Mr Bean that they adore. The problem is I ran out of Mr Bean episodes, the new school year is approaching and I have no ideas what videos show them this year. Last year I also showed them some parts of Jaywalking to make them laugh and show them how many things they know at the end of the school year. Could you give me some ideas of what to show them this year? I was thinking of Monty Python but it might be too difficult for them. Anything as funny as Mr Bean and easily understandable? Thanks in advance, Ela

6 Sep 2011      

savvinka
Russian Federation

Hi, Ela,
Will you  try this thread,pls     http://www.michellehenry.fr/theatre.htm

6 Sep 2011     

savvinka
Russian Federation

http://edsitement.neh.gov/lesson-plan/raisin-sun-quest-american-dream

6 Sep 2011     

ela_b
Estonia

Thank you, savvinka. I was thinking about some videos, though. So as to watch them with my young students, laugh and then talk about them. I am thinking now about Monty Python sketches. But still not sure whether it will appeal to them. They may be too young for Monty Python. Maybe it �s too sophisticated for them. Any ideas for some funny and short videos? 

7 Sep 2011     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Have you seen this?

7 Sep 2011