Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > bilingual teaching    

bilingual teaching

rosammd
Spain

bilingual teaching

Hi dear teachers

I �ve got a question mainly for bilingual teachers in Spain. I will be teaching bilingual lessons (science and arts) during this school year, it will be my first time and I would like to know ideas from you. how do you do it???

I am thinking of using the first 15-20 minutes just for speaking, routines, and the rest of the lesson I am supposed to teach the same content as in science (conocimiento del medio) but using the english language.

can you share your ideas, teaching techniques, projects, please??? are there any worksheet uploaded here??

thanks for your help

8 Sep 2011      

Yolandaprieto
Spain

In my opinion, you should only teach your subject in English because the other part will be done by the English teacher. Make your your students understand you and translate during the first part of the year if they need it, afterwards they will get used to listening to you speaking in English. That �s my experience. I am the coordinator of a bilingual section and we are delighted to have dared to put in to practice this project.
Good luck
Yolanda

8 Sep 2011     

rosammd
Spain

Thanks so much Yolanda!

8 Sep 2011