Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Characters of board games    

Characters of board games

sirhaj
Malaysia

Characters of board games

Hi Everybody,

I �m doing a lesson with "Board Games" as its theme. Can anyone list some famous characters on famous board games. I got some only:

1. Candyland ( Mr. Mint, King Kandy, Princess Lolly etc)
2. Clue ( Miss Scarlet, Reverend Green, Colonel Mustard etc)
3. Chess ( King, Bishop, Knight etc)
4. Sleeping Queens ( Pancake Queens etc)-this one is card game

I �ll prefer characters with personalities and specific, I mean those in chess are quite general ( King, Bishop) but those in Candyland and Clue are specific ( Princess Frostine, Miss Scarlet).

p/s: I �m sorry, I really need your help to give some ideas. Please

Sirhajwan

11 Sep 2011      

Sainte-Marie
United States

Hi,

"Can anyone list some famous characters on famous board games"
The caracters from nursary Rhymes: The Queens of Hearts, the King from the "Sing a song of sixpence", baker �s man from Pat-a-cake, Humpty-Dumpty, Yankee Doodle, Miss Muffet, Three little Piggy, Mistress Mary, Black sheep, Old woman who lived in a shoe and so on.
 I have a 100- piece puzzle from Ravensburger featuring all this characters. It �s one of the best companies of puzzle-makers. The kids love to make that puzzle and find characters from the nursary rhymes. Not a boad game, but a game :)

11 Sep 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

How about "Rich Uncle Pennybags", "Jake the Jailbird" and "Officer Edgar Mallory" from the Monopoly board?

11 Sep 2011     

Apodo
Australia

How about the characters from the card game Happy Families?
Mr Bun the Baker, Mrs Bun the baker �s wife, Miss Bun & Master Bun etc. and of course the Old Maid.

12 Sep 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

Thank you guys, Sainte-Marie, Apodo, & almaz, really appreciate that. I �m checking those characters now.

Sirhajwan

12 Sep 2011     

douglas
United States

How about the game Masterpiece:

Character / Distribution of Masterpiece Value Cards (Baron Dietrich von Oberlitzer; �Bitsy� Rich Wong Dobrowski Keyes;  Count Francois du Bonnet; Millicent Friendly; Roxy �Big D� Warrenson, Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.; V. Elton Whitehall Esq.)

Cheers,
Douglas

12 Sep 2011