Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of POD (September 13th)    

Winner of POD (September 13th)

valentinaper
Greece

Winner of POD (September 13th)

Thank you pinkblossom, maryse pey�, edrodmedina, Sainte-Marie, Apodo,moravc,  Redbull, ldthemagicman and almaz for participating.
I must say once more that I liked all of the explanations, but I found the thought of the "lazy gardener" particularly amusing.
So, Apodo is the winner for today!!! Congratulations for your witty definition.

In fact, there is a slang expression in Greek that means exactly what Marion described. That phrase is "to snake away" (or to "snake out", both prepositions seem to fit).

By the way, "gone to pot" means what pinkblossom suggested, that is to say something that has fallen apart. This is what I found about it:

The common phrase for something that�s fallen apart or disintegrated goes back to the 16th Century, basically in reference to things that were actually going into the pot. While the chopping and stewing of meats and vegetables definitely illustrates its colloquial usage, �gone to pot� evolved into a 17th-Century euphemism for those who�d fallen victim to cannibals.
So, over to you, Apodo! Choose a phrase to continue the game and then choose the winner.
Cheers,
Valentina

14 Sep 2011