Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > elementary vocabulary. longman    

elementary vocabulary. longman

wende
Spain

elementary vocabulary. longman

Hi! Has any of you ever used the book "Elementary vocabulary" Longman?
Do you use it as a suplementary material? With which other books? How could I use it to put the new vocab in context besides the fill in the gaps from the book itself?

20 Sep 2011      

nagynko
Hungary

Dear Wende,

I have just found quite a comprehensive website concerning young learners here:
http://blocs.xtec.cat/primaryenglish/bibliographies/

From the list I liked using

Toth: Children�s Games. MacMillan- Heinemann
Holderness/ Hugues: 100 + Ideas for Children. MacMillan- Heinemann

as they included quite good photocopiable communicative games and activity sheets which can be easily adapted to other vocab.

I also found

Howard-Williams, D: Word Games with English. Heinemann

good to consult, offering quite a variety of ready-made worksheets, however not all of them are originally designed to make students talk and use vocab in context.

I usually use pictures to make student talk and prepare a set of cards that I want them to use. If they used one term, they have the card (competitive version) or we simply turn over the card (non-competitive, the simple joy of less words left to use). Or simply write the words on the board and erase them when they use them right, later check whether they still remember which word was at a particular place / or the words themselves.

Hope my comment will give you new ideas. Enjoy your classes,

Eniko

20 Sep 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi ! I sometimes use material from it, but not always, only when it can apply to the topic of the lesson previously learnt or as a starting point for one. I use the World Wonders series and Solutions too.  I think it �s the kind of book you can use with many coursebooks, depending on the vocabulary you want to reinforce.
I have a very good resource book for games , if you want send me your email and I �ll send it to you.

20 Sep 2011