Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > help, please!    

help, please!

opez
Spain

help, please!

Hi, friends!
Does anybody know of good materials UKRANIAN-SPANISH. A Ukranian pair of boys just joined my class and she doesn �t know a word in Spanish, neither she understand English, so if you have something UKRANIAN-ENGLISH I would also be most pleased with your help. Thanks!! :)

22 Sep 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

so is it a girl or two boys? and how old are they?
I teach in a specialized school, so most of my ws are in English, but I do have some tests which have the tasks in Ukrainian and I also have a grammar chart for the degrees of comparison of adjectives with the rules in Ukrainian.
Would you care for those?
Sophia

22 Sep 2011     

opez
Spain

Sorry for my mistakes, it �s my girlfriend who teaches them, and she does Arts, that �s why she �d need Spanish stuff. Anyway, English will also be necessary. there are two brothers, 14 and 16. Any materials would be welcome, thanks! :)

23 Sep 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Sorry, the ones I have in English with tasks in Ukrainian are for primary/elementary school students like 9-11ish.
Sophia

23 Sep 2011     

opez
Spain

Could you send them to me anyway? My Gf thinks these kids had never been taught English, so everything could be a good help. Thanks for your support :)

23 Sep 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Remove your e-mail address from the forum for safety reasons. 
And I can hardly believe kids aged 14-16 have never been taught English in Ukraine. That is simply not true. They can have very poor knowledge, but they must have been taught. I myself have a student in my 5th-graders � group, who is about to move to Italy with his parents, with a very low level of English but he can read and write and he understands the basics.
Here�s a ws on vocabulary practice I found http://busyteacher.org/2263-food-lexicon.html (just register to be able to download.
P. S. Here�s an interesting piece of information:
The children of Ukrainian labour migrants are as a  rule enrolled in the Spanish educational system, and many in addition follow one of nine Ukrainian Saturday schools located throughout Spain.  Three of these are located in Costa Blanca; in Murcia,Torrevieja and Alicante. These Saturday schools are privately funded and the teachers are themselves labour migrants, most former teachers or university lecturers. Pupils are taught subjects from the curriculum of the Ukrainian schooling system, i.e. Ukrainian language, history, and religion. Also, the Saturday schools cooperate with the Ukrainian International School, a web-based school established in 2007, which offers pupils the opportunity to get a graduation valid in Ukraine.

23 Sep 2011     

opez
Spain

Thanks for your help, I �m afraid these places you mention are more than 300 km from where they are located, quite near from the center of the country. Anyway, most foreign students in this area are Romanian, SouthAmerican or Moroccan. This Ukranian boy himself hardly recognize the word "name", you can bet he is level 0 in English, or else he is extremely nervous..., I can �t tell since I don �t teach him. Thanks again, ueslteacher! :)

29 Sep 2011