Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HOW TO TEACH     

HOW TO TEACH

maggiejeria
Chile

HOW TO TEACH

Hello,
I have two new students in my private classes who are 7 and 8 years old. They must prepare a Speaking Project for the English class.  One is about a Celebration Party ( Christmas )and the other is a Comparison between an Object  how it was in the past and how it is now (Nintendo, Wii). Could you please tell me the best way to teach them how to prepare their presentations? Do you think the best way is to memorize the topic?

24 Sep 2011      

serene
Greece

Hi Maggie,

Regarding the first activity I think you could revise some relevant vocabulary about Christmas food, Christmas dinner, with the use of flash cards, crosswords, matching exercises (I �m sure you can find loads of them here). Then you can use some simple conversation questions / prompts (e.g. What time does your family gather for the dinner? What food do you eat?) to guide your students through the description of the party.
As for the second task I personally think it �s pretty difficult for such young students as yours (what level are they?). Anyway, I �ve found a link that might be of some use to you.
http://eslseveneight.blogspot.com/2011/02/history-of-video-game-from-voa.html

Hugs
serene

24 Sep 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Let them have "flashcards" with tips, i.e. key points of their presentation, sort of like the tv show hosts would have:)
Sophia

24 Sep 2011