Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD Continued    

WOD Continued

douglas
United States

WOD Continued

Come on folks!

I got two inputs (I thought I read a third one yesterday, but it is gone) for the WOD/POD--that�s not enough.  I am extending it another day.

The phrase is a combination of two words that I put together in hopes of receiving new, fun, creative definitions. 

PLEASE, give it a thought and try something:

What or who is a JITTERATI INFIDEL?

Douglas

EDIT: Here is the link to the contributions so far: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=30602
   ("great minds think alike")

27 Sep 2011      

Zora
Canada

Jitterati Infidel referred to anyone in the 50 �s that didn �t like the Jitterbug. They were considered outcasts for not wanting to go to the Sock Hops and jitter the night away like the rest of them cool cats. 

(PS... I didn�t see Ed�s post until now! Almost the same kind of idea... lol )

27 Sep 2011     

AMaedgen
Korea, South

Jitterati Infidel refers to an elite coffee enthusiast/reviewer who refuses to accept the superiority of Turkish coffee.

27 Sep 2011     

dennismychina
China

A clever combination Douglas.  Used together your words would mean; The constant clandestine infidelity of intellectuals.

Enjoy.

27 Sep 2011     

douglas
United States

and the winner is Amaedgen!

The real meaning is:

jitterati: What the digital generation becomes after sipping one too many cups of Starbucks

infidel [ˈɪnfɪdəl]
n
a person who has no religious belief; unbeliever
adj
1. rejecting a specific religion, esp Christianity or Islam
2. of, characteristic of, or relating to unbelievers or unbelief

Cheers,
Douglas

28 Sep 2011