Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD October 7    

WOD October 7

maryse pey�
France

WOD October 7

Thanks a million Douglas ! What a good surprise to read you have won the WOD !

Here is mine :BACKARAPPER. Nice word, isn �t it ?

Well I am sure you have a bag full of inventive, elegant, laughable, chimical (and other adjectives) daffynitions. Would you be so kind to make me share them, please ?

The race is started. GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Oct 2011      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

BACKARAPPER

definition: Someone who speaks or sings very fast backwards without making any mistakes.

Here is the example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnklA34ebVU

Tongue

7 Oct 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

IT IS A POINTER TO SCRATCH THE BACK.Wink

7 Oct 2011     

Zora
Canada

I am not around this weekend, but I wanted to participate anyways. Smile

A backarapper is a very unique little spider. It �s found only in the poorer areas of New York and Chicago. It �s a brightly coloured insect and can only move backwards (probably the main reason why it �s becoming extinct).

One day, little Tyron Tyson (known today as the famous Rapper "TT") found this spider in his room, caught it, put it in a jar and kept it because he wanted a cool pet...  Later, TT started "rappin �" about his nifty little pet,  his "great colours" and the weird way in which he moved... The song was so catchy that eventually people started singing the song about the "little backarapper" and in the end, the name just stuck. Wink

7 Oct 2011     

douglas
United States

backa -- Spanish: vaca -- cow

rapper- a specific type of musician

backarapper- a person that writes and performs rap songs focused on cows.

7 Oct 2011