Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teacher training assistance    

Teacher training assistance

chokosaki
United States

Teacher training assistance

Greetings! At my school I am organizing some daily English practice for our ESL teachers. Since they are teachers, their English level is quite high already. Unfortunately, their conversation skills are quite lacking. We �ll be doing a little English Club (daily topic discussions) and English Immersion. In the English Immersion part we �ll have different sorts of activities (books on tape listening, video watching, music discussion, article discussion). Mostly, I have this all sorted out but right now I �m trying to find some good videos/movies to use. So far I �ve been thinking: The Simpsons, Smallville, Mr. Bean, America �s Funniest Home Videos, The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, and Friends. Do any of you have any other suggestions? The videos don �t have to focus on any certain subject (that �s what the English Club is for). These videos are to help with listening and production skills (as they will be asked to give a summary and answer some questions from the video). Thanks for the help!

8 Oct 2011      

zeh.esn
Brazil

Hi, I �m an english teacher in Brazil. I think your idea is awesome. This blob may help you: http://moviesegmentstoassessgrammargoals.blogspot.com/

They have shot segments of movies with grammar questions and sometimes even discussions suggestions.

I think it �s nice because you don �t have to select the part of the movie you want to show them neither download/rent whatever the movie... It �s really practical.

Good luck with your staff.

8 Oct 2011     

Montypython
France

Hi!
Great idea indeed!
I �d recommend Monty Python comedies such as Monty Python �s Life of Brian or The Holy Grail or the wonderful series: Fawlty Towers.
Or Pride & Prejudice (adapted by Je Right or the 1995 BBC mini-series).
HIH!
Marie

8 Oct 2011     

carinelaurent
France

Why not Johnny English ?

8 Oct 2011