Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Interactive Whiteboard    

Interactive Whiteboard

htunde
Hungary

Interactive Whiteboard

Probably many of you have interactive whiteboards in your schools. Power-point presentations work well on them, but we got a new program called Activinspire from Promethean. I wonder if anybody else is using this program and if so, could we share? Maybe Victor could help us to have a new type of classroom material to share here at eslprintables if there are a lot of you using it. Material written for SMART is compatible with Activinspire. 

9 Oct 2011      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

I started using Activinspire a few months ago - it �s really a wonder, but, but ....time consuming. You work for hours doing some really huge work and... it vanishes in a few minutes, in class. It can only be used if you have some kind of "esl archives ", where you can upload yours and download others; my opinion, other way, I feel I can �t go this way, I have no time to prepare different materials to work on a permanent basis.

If you have anything, I would be thankful, if you can share

What I have, is just a few things, not really worth a penny...
If you want, you can check here:

http://englishiscool-esl.blogspot.com/2011/06/download-here-httpwww.html

Let me me know f they work in you computer ( ??? )

Hugs

Linda

9 Oct 2011     

cagreis
Portugal

This kind of board has indeed a lot of potential. Have only made one exercise on the Present Continuous so far... unfortunately not many classrooms have those boards in our school. It �s really time consuming but effective. Htunde, your idea sounds excellent... let �s see what Victor has to say. Have to agree with Olindalima... don �t know if I would contribute on a regular basis either.
Hugs
Carlos

9 Oct 2011     

languaria
Germany

We will work with the same Board. But my experience is that only some SMART-Material is compatible. - You are allowed to download the ActiveInspire software and to test it (2 or 3 months, don �t remember exactly). Have a look at this site: 

http://support.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=nav.17508   

Up to now we could not work with it (I �m teaching in prison, there it takes a lot of time until things can be used...). In the past I tried some pdf-worksheets: it works. If you have installed openoffice, you can download the pdf-plugin. You open the word-worksheet and convert it easily to pdf.

What material are you interested in (level/grade)?

9 Oct 2011     

argentia
Spain

We work with that board too! In fact, we have to, since they removed the old green one, and placed a small whiteboard instead (next to the interactive one). I work for Junta de Andalucia. So far I just use it as a board, I mean, I  take advantage of the fact of using colours and so on...but that �s all... It would be great to share our material. We are going to have a course so I will let you know what things they show us.

Hugs

10 Oct 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

sorry, can �t help you there, it �s only plain white board for us here...But hey, I got me some new colored markers!
(this is just me trying not be jealous...Cry)

10 Oct 2011     

victor
Spain

It could be possible to share those files in eslprintables. The only problem is that the preview wouldn �t be available before downloading the file.

10 Oct 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

May be we could give a really good and precise description and we could upload a jpeg of one of the slides, just to give a general idea. Also we could use the European reference A, A1, B, B1....
It could be compulsory to refer the vocabulary used, the grammar point, the type of actions the exercise requires, ( drag, match ... )

I don �t know if there are many peole using it, but I myself feel completely useless using these materials, because I don �t have the time to produce all the amount of work I need.

Just an idea

Linda

10 Oct 2011