Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ministry of ... ?    

Ministry of ... ?

aliciapc
Uruguay

Ministry of ... ?

Could anybody, mainly natives I guess, help me with this ? I need the translation for Ministerio de Econom�a y Finanzas .... The only thing I �ve found so far has been Ministry of Finance : Is that correct ? Thank you so much !

11 Oct 2011      

cagreis
Portugal

Yes, this is correct. In some contries they have a Ministry of Finance and Economy. For example here in Portugal they are 2 separate ministries.
Hugs
Carlos

11 Oct 2011     

maker1
Turkey

Chancellor of the Exchequer is the title for the Minister of Finance in England who is resposible for all economical and financial matters.

11 Oct 2011     

Zora
Canada

In Canada, it is as you say "the Ministry of Finance". I don �t know about other countries though.

11 Oct 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you all , I think I �ll go for " ministry of finance " , but I �ve just seen " economics and finance ministry " ... What do you think ?

11 Oct 2011     

Zora
Canada

It depends what you are translating. If in Canada, where we just call it the Ministry of Finance, I �d not use "Economics and Finance Ministry". However, if in Uruguay you call it that, then I see no problem with using it. 

11 Oct 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

I have never heard of an Economics Ministry. Usually this is called Commerce Ministry (Ministry of Economy or Economic Affairs also seems to exist). There �s also the Finance Ministry as Zora pointed out. In most countries these are two separate entities.

If there is really only one, I �d call it Commerce and Finance Ministry. Another option could be Ministry of Economy and Finance.

12 Oct 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Alicia

If you look at this web page you �ll see the names of countries (and there are plenty) with ministries containing the words economy and finance including your country.  Their translation is Ministry of Economy and Finance.

Cheers

Jayho

12 Oct 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you all for your help, I finally used "Ministry of Finance"

12 Oct 2011