Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you resolve me a doubt?    

Could you resolve me a doubt?

nuroma
Spain

Could you resolve me a doubt?

Hello everybody,
I wonder if you could clear up one point  for me. The thing is that I usually work with children from 3 to 7 years old teaching them english, and now a 9 years old student (she is in grade 4) is coming to my private lessons next week. Could you tell me what contents should I work with her?

Thank you very much for your kindness :)

15 Oct 2011      

rosammd
Spain

you can ask her the "editorial" of her school book, and you can find it on the net. Last year I found the programming for the 4th year of suprise! oxford, I assume all books of the same levels, even if they are different "editoriales", have the same contents.

Good luck!

16 Oct 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You could start with a getting-to-know-each-other activities like asking her to introduce herself and tell you a little about her hobbies or things she enjoys doing in her free time. You could encourage the conversation by telling about yourself first (nothing too personal though:) Then you could give her a placement test to find out what her weak areas are in terms of grammar/vocabulary and what her level of English is. And you could work from there choosing topics she might enjoy and filling in the necessary grammar and vocabulary, balancing the development of the 4 language skills (reading, listening, writing and speaking)
Sophia

16 Oct 2011     

rosammd
Spain

you can try typing "oxford surprise programaciones" in google and clicking the first option. Have a look to it!

16 Oct 2011