Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Activities and Games    

Activities and Games

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Activities and Games

Hi,

I need your help.

I am going to teach my students ,( 16 years ) intermediate level , extra classes.
I teach them their students book and Touchstone.

Now, I need ideas for activities and games we can use it .

What topics should I present ?
and what activities can I use ?

I want to add more nice useful topics that improve them .

Thanks a lot in advanced.

20 Oct 2011      

makaoschool
Bulgaria

Hi,
If they are extra classes and you can teach them anything you want you may try something out of the ordinary and something that may be interesting for them. I would do something like these:

-learn a song - one of the modern pop or rock songs - teens would love it. And you may choose such a song that would also practise something in particular or present a topic. There are great ideas and worksheets here. (e.g. Bruno Mars �s "Granade is perfect for practising I would/I �d; or Beonce �s If I were a boy - for conditionals and lots of more);

-do a film/book study - watch or read an excerpt, do some exercises, describe some characters, think up an alternative ending or sequel;

Students usually need more practise with speaking and writing (in my experience these are the areas that bother them the most, so you may do something practising them. There are a great number of games practising speaking > here are some ideas http://iteslj.org/c/games.html

Have a great day!

21 Oct 2011     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Thanks a lot .
I hope I see more ideas :)

21 Oct 2011