Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Did you receive the same e.mail?    

Did you receive the same e.mail?

manonski (f)
Canada

This person has 2 contributions and the newest one was in January of this year. She says she tried uploading new stuff but people are not interested in it.

I �m all for sharing but, seriously, has she even tried?

30 Oct 2011     

isa2
Austria

You are right.
I sent her a PM telling her to try again and upload other ws to get points.
I think  "minus" points are only possible if your account has been cancelled by the webmaster - whatever reasons there might have been.

30 Oct 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I think the person who asked for points should get the half of the whole number of points. It �s fair, right? Victor, I think, can arrange it and make the points transferable by issuing a gift certificate to a person who asked from a person who shares and that gift certificate can be adorned by Victor �s autograph. Plus, I think, it �s a good idea to issue a warranty on points -- a life-time warranty that if the points disappear all of a sudden because of a glitch or something else, they �ll be compensated within 3 days.

30 Oct 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

The minus points can occur without breaking any rules.
The contributor uploaded a printable (printables) and received 53 points.
He/she downloaded 53 old (non-recent) contributions, so s/he used all her/his points.
Then he/she deleted the uploaded printable(s) (that had received 53 points).
Voila, the contributor has -53 points.

Every time we delete uploaded pritable, the given number is deleted from our account.
If I download as much as I can, I will have the same number of points and downloads, say 100 points and 100 downloads.
When I  delete one of my printables with 53 points, then I will have -53 points and 100 downloads.

The same thing happens when a reported printable is removed - the given number of points is removed and the contributor can end up with -256 points. :-D

30 Oct 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

Really, the point is we must all contribute and if we don �t have enough points it �s because no one had any need for the worksheets we created at the time. Just keep trying. We all had to start at the beginning. Creating worksheets is a skill which is beneficial for us all to learn.
I find it frustrating when people ask for points.  It �s undermining the spirit of ESL Printables!!!!!
IMHO Joy

31 Oct 2011     

hulyaaa22
Turkey

ı  am also trying to collect points but ı do not beg people to share their points with me!! what a nuısance .. ı ve never heard such a stupid message before:)

31 Oct 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Wow! Thanks for the explanation about how to achieve minus points Moravc. I couldn �t believe it when I saw that in the message - but it really can happen!

Now there is only 1 worksheet and

Very strange!

31 Oct 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hello Apodo! Yesterday she had several worksheets, so I guess she has deteled them or they have been removed because they didn �t meet the rules...

conniemo should try to upload new worksheets and she will get her points back.

31 Oct 2011     

languaria
Germany

Hello everybody,

a look at the cache will show you that there were more worksheets and powerpoints before:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-rIi2Ur-kOoJ:www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp%3Fuser%3D995294%26orderby%3Drand%28%29+eslprintables+conniemo&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a

Evidently the second worksheet was still there yesterday. Should the daughter have deleted this one, too??? Or have these worksheets possibly been reported?

31 Oct 2011     

< Previous   1    2